Dave

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Message
Author
User avatar
SR
Posts: 7596
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: Dave

#61 Post by SR » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:02 pm

Did EA tag anyone? That was pretty cool sign on Taix's marquee.

Arty, I had to look sitch up :noclue: :lol:

someguy
Posts: 372
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Dave

#62 Post by someguy » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:14 pm

SR wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:02 pm
Did EA tag anyone? That was pretty cool sign on Taix's marquee.

Arty, I had to look sitch up :noclue: :lol:
Just Stephen, Perry, and the Janes account.

Bizarre I even wrote that haha- I feel like we’re living in a parallel universe

CaseyContrarian
Posts: 903
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:48 pm
Location: Washington, DC
Contact:

Re: Dave

#63 Post by CaseyContrarian » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:17 pm

I don’t think Eric tagged anyone, but Perk replied.

The Taylor tribute(s) might be awkward for Dave in the sense that Chaney was Taylor’s legit bestie and one assumes Dave has to be in Camp Perry if he’s to be a part of this SP tour and Eric reunion. But I suspect it’s something more than that. It’s not any one thing, it’s the constellation—drastically reduced role on Ink Master (obviously already shot); total silence, re: Jane’s tour and Eric stuff; skillfully obscured physical condition on social media; and the (differently) morbid posts w/ death doulas and the like. It’s just… weird and discomfiting.

Noonesshocking
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: Dave

#64 Post by Noonesshocking » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:05 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:17 pm
I don’t think Eric tagged anyone, but Perk replied.

The Taylor tribute(s) might be awkward for Dave in the sense that Chaney was Taylor’s legit bestie and one assumes Dave has to be in Camp Perry if he’s to be a part of this SP tour and Eric reunion. But I suspect it’s something more than that. It’s not any one thing, it’s the constellation—drastically reduced role on Ink Master (obviously already shot); total silence, re: Jane’s tour and Eric stuff; skillfully obscured physical condition on social media; and the (differently) morbid posts w/ death doulas and the like. It’s just… weird and discomfiting.
He tagged everyone but Dave

Also Dan Cleary had some weird stories. A guitar rig with some Orange amps. Dave does not play those, but does Pete?

CaseyContrarian
Posts: 903
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:48 pm
Location: Washington, DC
Contact:

Re: Dave

#65 Post by CaseyContrarian » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:53 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:05 pm
CaseyContrarian wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:17 pm
I don’t think Eric tagged anyone, but Perk replied.

The Taylor tribute(s) might be awkward for Dave in the sense that Chaney was Taylor’s legit bestie and one assumes Dave has to be in Camp Perry if he’s to be a part of this SP tour and Eric reunion. But I suspect it’s something more than that. It’s not any one thing, it’s the constellation—drastically reduced role on Ink Master (obviously already shot); total silence, re: Jane’s tour and Eric stuff; skillfully obscured physical condition on social media; and the (differently) morbid posts w/ death doulas and the like. It’s just… weird and discomfiting.
He tagged everyone but Dave

Also Dan Cleary had some weird stories. A guitar rig with some Orange amps. Dave does not play those, but does Pete?
Are you talking about the Taix post? Because I looked a few times and I don’t see anyone tagged.

Noonesshocking
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: Dave

#66 Post by Noonesshocking » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:12 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:53 pm
Noonesshocking wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:05 pm
CaseyContrarian wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:17 pm
I don’t think Eric tagged anyone, but Perk replied.

The Taylor tribute(s) might be awkward for Dave in the sense that Chaney was Taylor’s legit bestie and one assumes Dave has to be in Camp Perry if he’s to be a part of this SP tour and Eric reunion. But I suspect it’s something more than that. It’s not any one thing, it’s the constellation—drastically reduced role on Ink Master (obviously already shot); total silence, re: Jane’s tour and Eric stuff; skillfully obscured physical condition on social media; and the (differently) morbid posts w/ death doulas and the like. It’s just… weird and discomfiting.
He tagged everyone but Dave

Also Dan Cleary had some weird stories. A guitar rig with some Orange amps. Dave does not play those, but does Pete?
Are you talking about the Taix post? Because I looked a few times and I don’t see anyone tagged.
Yeah if you press the little icon in the lower left corner of the pic it will show the tags. It’s not in the caption.

User avatar
Stickyfingers
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:55 pm
Location: Third stone from the sun

Re: Dave

#67 Post by Stickyfingers » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:59 pm

If Dave is not ready (for whatever reason) then P4P should play on SP tour.
I love Pete but now it makes no sense for Janes to play without the original lineup.

Eric Perry and Perk can keep working on new songs while Dave recovers.

clickie
Posts: 3653
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Dave

#68 Post by clickie » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:18 pm

I don't think Billy Corgan wants p4p as their opener. He wants Janes and that includes Dave. It's kind of like Guns n Roses and Slash.

User avatar
Tyler Durden
Posts: 1226
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:15 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Dave

#69 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:19 am

I don’t know the details of how these contracts are written up…but if Dave can’t make the tour, I think it’s more likely that we would see “Jane’s Addiction” with Pete on guitar than we would see Porno for Pyros replace them on the bill. Just a guess. :noclue:

clickie
Posts: 3653
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Dave

#70 Post by clickie » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:16 am


clickie
Posts: 3653
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Dave

#71 Post by clickie » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:41 am

I know Andy Dick is involved in some serious legal issues lately i'm just posting about Dave.

User avatar
Diabolik
Posts: 267
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: Dave

#72 Post by Diabolik » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:07 am

This is all super weird.

Random thoughts:

Could their be some weirdness with Perry crew and Foo Fighters crew? After Taylor died Perry and Etty dropped a video that seemed almost like too soonish. I think they included a phone call Taylor made in the video that even then seemed in bad taste. Also he died right agate a Lollapalooza and I wonder if that has anything to do with Perry not involved. I saw stuff how Jane’s addiction was his favorite band so it’s weird

— unless it’s a big surprise for LA show and reformed Jane’s debuts there in celebration of Taylor’s life.

Dave…

It’s spooky and weird and the radio silence is kinda defeating at this point. I can’t imagine a Perry, Stephen and Eric tour with Pete on guitar — but it’s looking like that?

Dave’s situation had to have been known when contracts were signed for this tour right? It was announced after Dave bailed on summer festivals

Maybe he’s sick, maybe he simply doesn’t want to go tour

Maybe we’re all wrong, he was tagged in stuff about recording new music. But maybe he’s juts done with the band and Eric coming back is some new weird version of Jane’s without Dave🤷‍♂️

It’s odd and I just hope everything is okay.

Noonesshocking
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: Dave

#73 Post by Noonesshocking » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:07 am

Maybe Dave is also mad because he didn’t agree with letting Chaney go to get Eric back?

User avatar
dannyboy
Posts: 231
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:32 am
Location: UK/Italy

Re: Dave

#74 Post by dannyboy » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:13 am

I don’t think Dave’s mad about Chris. I don’t think Chris is mad about Chris.

Jane’s have played once in 4/5 years? Chris is a working musician
. He doesn’t need Jane’s and didn’t seem bothered when they dropped him before for Eric, then duff, then sitek.

I am worried about Dave. I really hope he’s ok

Noonesshocking
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: Dave

#75 Post by Noonesshocking » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:16 am

dannyboy wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:13 am
I don’t think Dave’s mad about Chris. I don’t think Chris is mad about Chris.

Jane’s have played once in 4/5 years? Chris is a working musician
. He doesn’t need Jane’s and didn’t seem bothered when they dropped him before for Eric, then duff, then sitek.

I am worried about Dave. I really hope he’s ok
True.

User avatar
Stickyfingers
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:55 pm
Location: Third stone from the sun

Re: Dave

#76 Post by Stickyfingers » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:37 am

Another posts by Dave with his depressive graffiti art street, and Pink Floyd as his favorite band.

No comments, tags or links about Eric comeback, Eric Perry and Perk in studio, or the upcoming Janes tour, nothing.
Unreal situation.

clickie
Posts: 3653
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Dave

#77 Post by clickie » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:08 am

We might be the only ones who care about David Navarro. One of you guys out there in Los Angeles should drive over to his place and check up on him.

clickie
Posts: 3653
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Dave

#78 Post by clickie » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:57 am

Do any of you guys have the video when Dave was on mtv cribs? It was cool seeing his spread.

ESY
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: Dave

#79 Post by ESY » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:36 am

At this point in Jane’s “career” I would be more than happy to have Pete on guitar. Why not?

clickie
Posts: 3653
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Dave

#80 Post by clickie » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:42 am

Pete can't learn all those songs so quickly. I was surprised Perry knew all the lyrics to When the Levee Breaks.

Post Reply