Official MLB Thread

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Message
Author
User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 10023
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Official MLB Thread

#701 Post by Artemis » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:26 pm

I'm not clear on what 'wild card" means.

For example, the Jays "clinched" a playoff spot but when I look at the standings it shows a "w".

I thought wild card meant teams that are trying to get a playoff spot. It seems to mean teams who already have a playoff spot but are trying to get a better position in their division standings for for home field advantage. Am I understanding this correctly? :confused:

Hokahey
Site Admin
Posts: 4932
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Official MLB Thread

#702 Post by Hokahey » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:17 pm

Artemis wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:26 pm
I'm not clear on what 'wild card" means.

For example, the Jays "clinched" a playoff spot but when I look at the standings it shows a "w".

I thought wild card meant teams that are trying to get a playoff spot. It seems to mean teams who already have a playoff spot but are trying to get a better position in their division standings for for home field advantage. Am I understanding this correctly? :confused:
Not exactly. It means that they have made the playoffs but they are lesser ranked, which means they have to play an additional round up front.

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 10023
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Official MLB Thread

#703 Post by Artemis » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:31 am

Thank you for explaining. :tiphat:


After last night's developments- Mariners loss to Detroit and Jays win over Baltimore = homefield secured! :rockon:

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 10023
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Official MLB Thread

#704 Post by Artemis » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:53 am

Busy baseball day starting from noon (est)

I predict the Blue Jays will win today, lose tomorrow, win on Sunday. :rockon:

Image

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 10023
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Official MLB Thread

#705 Post by Artemis » Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:55 pm

Artemis wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:53 am


I predict the Blue Jays will win today, lose tomorrow, win on Sunday. :rockon:
Ok. So, I was wrong.. :lol:

C'mon Blue Jays, last chance today! :rockon:

creep
Site Admin
Posts: 10193
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 am

Re: Official MLB Thread

#706 Post by creep » Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:25 pm

Artemis wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:55 pm
Artemis wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:53 am


I predict the Blue Jays will win today, lose tomorrow, win on Sunday. :rockon:
Ok. So, I was wrong.. :lol:

C'mon Blue Jays, last chance today! :rockon:
ouch

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 10023
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Official MLB Thread

#707 Post by Artemis » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:53 am

creep wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:25 pm
Artemis wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:55 pm
Artemis wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:53 am


I predict the Blue Jays will win today, lose tomorrow, win on Sunday. :rockon:
Ok. So, I was wrong.. :lol:

C'mon Blue Jays, last chance today! :rockon:
ouch
:neutral: Yeah, total letdown. 8-1 lead then lose 10-9. Seattle had much better pitching. Great team, hope they go far in the playoffs.

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 10023
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Official MLB Thread

#708 Post by Artemis » Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:05 pm

Wow, I didn't expect the Dodgers to lose. With so many wins this season, I thought for sure they were going to be in the final.

Congrats, Padres! :rockon:

My pick over the Phillies. Didn't expect them to get this far.

User avatar
kv
Posts: 8589
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: Official MLB Thread

#709 Post by kv » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:08 pm

ok I went out last night and I slept in....so I just now found out the dodger game came outa rain delay, finished and they lost....five minutes ago...


FUCk YES SD!

"hmm, I wonder when they'll play? it's over!"

:yeay:

Post Reply